Wednesday 11 February 2009

And so, cock robin...

I took a flask of O to the cemetery. In truth, as we stood listening to another African song (hardly an expression of Colin's soul, I have to say, yet certainly indicative of his contemporaneity), I took a quiet blast of O, less to stifle my grief, but the better to experience it. I also wanted the O to muffle a certain preoccupation I was having. I couldn't stop asking myself what the collective noun for a group of therapists would be. An alliance, perchance? A hum? Eventually I came round to exactly where I stood, a funeral of therapists. Appropriate and accurate, if entirely meaningless. And so later, I casted around for any old uncles, retarded sisters or pervy cousins, anything to give a real whiff of Colin, or the hinterland he'd polished away, both in therapy and half a life consorting in cosmopolita. There was nothing, there was nobody. He'd filled the church with friends and, of course, contemporaries. Even Gareth was restless.

I shall break into his room and steal one of his books.

God knows, I'll inscribe it to myself.

6 comments:

The Body without Organs said...

Tell me Mr. Therapist. Is it true, does every Mr. Therapist have his or her own Mr. or Mrs. Therapist?

And is it true, do they all carry around a 'flask of O'?

Really, i'm dying to know.

the therapist said...

What extraordinary questions...May I have a little biography before answering...?

regards.

The Body without Organs said...

Certainly,
and whose biography would you like, mine or yours?

Steve said...

A kerfuffle of therapists.

(BTW. Am very jealous. BWO, seems to have deserted Prozacville, but now hangs around your margins. What did you do to lure the fucker in?)

Steve said...

As for stealing books.

Ha! Life filtered through art.

Such as it should be.

physical therapist schools said...

I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!