Friday 3 August 2012

I was in dire need of male company. I called George and told him I would bring an Indian round. He said that would be just dandy. When I arrived, he was in the kitchen, wearing his Hitler apron and preparing a Mumbai salad. I was reminded of Karen's gadgets on her arms and I wondered at this mania for control. On the other hand, maybe I should have offered George a choice. When I called, offering to bring an Indian round, the word resounded in my mouth as if I were offering to bring a harem to his door and so what could any man say but, that would be just dandy. To have said that, in fact, his preference tonight was for Indonesian, or Chinese,  or even Malaysian, would have been tantamount to deep perversion, possibly one that even our wide experience could never have allowed. But all the same, when I arrived he would be wearing his Hitler apron and making a Mumbai salad just to let me know what a bully I am. My christ, who needs women when you have men like George?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Therapist i am reading a David Mitchell novel- Cloud Atlas. He's good but not as good as you.

the therapist said...

Mmmmm....Thanks Anon, but I am no writer. A mere therapist, I am afraid.