Sunday 29 July 2012

Ah, sad news. Our Florentine shoemaker, Stefano Bemer, has died. I called Thom, he was devestated. He'd only just received his pair of Derby loafers that we ordered. They came in march, six months later than expected, and we did wonder if something was wrong because Stefano's shoes never took more than a year to arrive. Well, we' ll have to visit the workshop, check out the apprentices. Or, possibly, the usurping relatives. Let's hope they cut the cloth. But if they don't, make no mistake, Thom and I will have to spread our wings. But I'll never forget that day on the Rue des Trois Freres, all those years ago, wearing your blue Oxford brogues, and the idea I had of myself then. So long Stefano.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the church of Saint Jean de Montmartre just a stone's throw from Trois Freres, you may light a candle for his sole.

(Sorry. I just had to.)

the therapist said...

Or even better, round the corner is the Sacre Coeur where you can light a candle and hear the nuns singing...But does your observation reveal greater skills as a geographer, or as literary critic? The latter, I think.