Tuesday 12 June 2012

She came.

Have I not spoken of my maiesophilia? Well I have a nose for the early stages of pregnancy and, without a shadow, client R. is with child. Question:  why did she not tell me? I have spent several hours considering this, on and off. It arouses me every time.

So is she, finally, my nemesis? At last, after all the roads we have travelled? Certainly, in our early days sex was was always in the room. She took a keen delight in exploring the detail of her fantasies and I indulged this for a few weeks, always aware of her body, the shift of her hips as the story was told. It was to our mutual disappointment that we landed up discovering the trauma underlying those fantasies. From there we moved onto the unexplored grief over her mother. Since then, client R. and I have grown old together. I have suggested our work together is finished but she always unearths an old memory or an errant boyfriend, so on we stagger. More disturbingly, she will add a telling detail to past issues that, I assumed, we had dealt with. It was this last, most manipulative aspect of her behaviour that made me certain I would sleep with her. We haven't, as yet. But I can sense the honey scent of early pregnancy and, too, I remember the sexual insanity I once felt for pregnant women. Oh, years ago.

R, the things I could tell you.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Don't.

Or maybe for the sake of narrative: do.

Narrative is SO fucking tiresome, isn't it?

therapist said...

Narratives? They are essential. If we don't have them then, assuredly, they will have us.