Monday 23 February 2009

Of Rome, lately.

What can I say? How cold her arse must have felt on the Spanish steps. And pregnant, too. Of course, I took to the skies with redemption in mind and did not expect to have my intentions so thwarted, so quickly. And yet what are plans for, if not subversion? I came to banish shame and found, instead, a smiley blonde from Texas.

I sat with her, smiled, and offered the sense that I, too, were far too weary to work out how or why I landed here, on these steps in the furious cold of a February morning. Of course, I knew exactly why, and yet, as my befuddlement began to amuse her, I could sense we were only minutes away from undressing and so, like a proper Englishman, I took her for tea, to gather myself. I should have been in the Galleria in the park behind us, groping my Pauline, my marbled mistress, but, in fact, I was captivated and later, as we drank and our knees touched, I felt the arousal of my long dormant desire, and fetish, maiesiophilia. Was I not done with all that? I wanted my hands on her belly and to follow the long curve into her thighs. I wanted the honey scent of her hormone. If I had her, I would never want of anything, nor have any need of justifying, or articulating, redeeming or even listening, ever again. And if could hear, in the singsong of her accent, the insincerity of my own mother then, so be it, so what. It was all I ever wanted then, and forever. And so, I did.

She was twenty one.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....there's a lot of it about it.

The Body without Organs said...

Sneaky like a stone statue.

Steve said...

Exquisite. Am reading this whilst drinking tea and snaffling through an overpackaged handful of McVitie's Mini Hobnobs.

Thought you might appreciate the domestic detail.

Counterpointing.

The Body without Organs said...

I believe an update, at least once a month, is in order.

Steve said...

Yes. I second that. Goddamnit!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the designation attracted me to read the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

the therapist said...

And what do you have in mind, anon? Of course I am myself, the therapist, and I write this blog myself. But if you desire to contact me in person, you may. I have an assistant- he works tirelessly on my behalf and you can contact me through him. His email is charlie.howe@ntlworld.com.

Regards.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.