Monday 19 January 2009

Surely I'm done with all that, all that shame.

Is it that not for teenagers, or children?

I put on a favoured Nocturne, and went to the bathroom. What is it anyway? A sudden exposure. A contagion, too. Nothing spreads like shame. It can enter a home, a village. It can even cross borders and fields of discourse. Surely I'm done with all that? God knows, haven't I spent days, even weeks, at Axel's orgies?

And yet my warm, nervous hand, reaching out for Pauline's breast. What has this, this grope done but regressed me forty years? What, the fear of a security man? The fear of some uniformed youth with buttocks as thin as his lips, flapping away at me? Did I fear, or even seek, punishment? Certainly, my hand quivered. What game was I playing with the gods? And to be left here, today, with the slow stink of shame. Surely I've done enough, bucked and fucked and sucked enough, haven't I? For this?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. I passed by here just to check you out, therapist. Are yo back for good? It's made my day.

Anonymous said...

Therapist,
I think you are paranoid-schzoid, low level, perhaps, but the splitting off is evident in many areas, especially between the sex and emotional life. Just a thought.

Melanie

the therapist said...

Most acute, Klein. Though I have to say, I like to think I can, on occasion, summon my soul and with that, shatter all our fine distinctions. And yet, many thanks for trying. Klein...you are brunette, surely?

regards.

Anonymous said...

Brunette..?

Sort of. But does it matter, therapsit? I mean, really. Are we ever likely to meet? No. What's the point, then. Please, I'd like to know.

Mel.