Friday 23 January 2009

Client Y cancelled.

I spent the hour alone in my room. I could hear nothing but the fury of me, my mentalese, and very likely Y picked up on my despair. The force of my misanthropy was probably seeping under the door, out the house and across the fields. You think with words we communicate? I was positively shooing him away. We always know everything, all of us, try as we do to pretend we don't.

I can hear Gareth's chair.

It always scrapes, just as he moves in for the killer comment.

Christ, what a life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo...esp.


Mel.

Anonymous said...

I always pay attention when there is a scraping chair

or a barking dog...or a hang nail.

I do.

Anonymous said...

it could be worse. it could be sleeping under the floor.

i spend most of my days in my room. that's where i live. in a single room, i rent for less than 500 dollars a month.

if someone knocks, i do not answer. if someone calls, i turn off the ringer.

mostly, i'm just killing time till i can be with tom again...

the therapist said...

Dear Amp, your attention to details is the very stuff of soul. All power to your crazy elbow.

And then, a Cat.

Of course, I wondered how long it would take for the feline world to find me out. Can there be a lonelier thing, after days of silence, to look up and find a cat staring at you?

regards.

regards

the therapist said...

Klein, what? Are you whispering?
I have no idea what you are talking about.