Friday 25 July 2008

I got a little burnt. Today, I did.

It's the weather. For an hour, with my skin blistering and tight, I wandered around the boat without a single thought in my head. I was an empty vessel inside an empty vessel. And if it weren't for my renewed passion for cigarettes, I'd be nothing! Certainly there are moments, if not whole hours when I am clinically a psychopath. And so I took to wondering how grief can render me, a therapist, so useless, so labile, so prone to marching up and down with my nothingness. And so I took to wondering of the state of the world, the nation, the city and the town, of the people in my street and how we rub along together, we do, pretty much. And yet the lunacy within each of us, BANG! God, FUCK! And to think that we dont, do we, no, we hold it together, we do, pretty much. Yet god help Caroline if I see her tonight, oh god, yes god.

And Thom.

We'll fish off the pier if the weather holds.

No comments: