Monday 8 October 2007

Yesterday, as I climbed the basement steps out of Madame X's chamber, it took a few seconds for my mind to return to my body and when it did, standing at the top, casting a long glance hither and thither, I felt as lithe, as heroic, as any of god's creatures. And what of Madame X, a mere stranger to me? Yet my parting kiss was one of the most tender I have ever bestowed, reminding me now of the first time I ever kissed Thom.

This evening, aware of a desire to be naked, to touch my wounds, wishing to return to that fear of abandonment and heal myself, like playing with a brand new toy, I took a moment to call my father. I would visit tomorrow and implement a care plan. I then called Thom, deciding to see a movie thursday night. I then took off my clothes and lay on the bed, relishing myself like someone new. I stretched out my legs, feeling the length of my forty seven years, and that was good.

No comments: