Wednesday 8 August 2007

The tuesday group. Minimal work for maximum profit. Particularly on a day like today when each plays their part. It feels like conducting an orchestra through a soothing but never ending coda, such is the ease in anticipating what everyone will say. The only time I need sharpen my awareness is when I hear a discordant note. They do all the rest. After all, such is the evolution of the species we are all mentalists now and it was with this quietly depressing thought that I ascended the stairs and met Michael, the hypnotist. My first instinct, perhaps it was the surprise or perhaps also his innocent chubbiness but my first instinct was, in fact, distinctly murderous. I quickly warmed to him. The hypnotist congratulated me on my appointment to Glasgow University (how typical of Gareth) and I, in turn, welcomed him to our House of Correction. He laughed without guile but had no desire to linger. I suspect he has already fallen into the bosom of the house.

No comments: